The secret life of spiders
Here are a few interesting facts about the life of spiders. After you've read this, you'll probably want to take action right away to take control over them.
- Spiders are arachnids, not insects: they have two body segments instead of three.
- Spiders have 8 legs while insects have 6.
- The blood of spiders is blue.
- The average house contains 30 spiders.
- There are more than 35000 species of spiders in the world.
- You are always 3 feet away from a spider.
- The average lifespan of a spider is 1 to 2 years.
- Spiders are found on every continent except Antarctica.
- When moving, a spider always has 4 legs touching the ground and 4 legs off the ground.
- The world’s biggest spider, the Goliath spider (Theraphosa blondi), can grow up to 11 inches wide.
- Unlike humans, spiders have muscles on the inside of their skeleton.
- Spider webs are made of silk and contain vitamin K, which helps reduce bleeding.