Wilson® ANT OUT®
Ant Killer with Battery Sprayer


Former name: Wilson Ant Out with Battery Sprayer (3L)

Power up your defenses against invasive ants with this ANT OUT product that comes with a battery-powered sprayer (batteries are included), used to spray large areas or to propel the liquid into hard-to-reach places. It’s easy to use and kills ants quickly and efficiently (within 15 minutes to 1 hour), with long-lasting effects. It can be used both indoors and outdoors, and is perfectly safe for people and pets when used as directed. It contains an essential oil (rosemary), leaving behind an agreeable scent. It comes in a 4 L spray bottle.

Other application types available

Benefits and characteristics

Wilson Benefits Clock

Kills ants quickly with long-lasting results

Kills ants quickly with long-lasting results

Controls ants indoors and outdoors

Controls ants indoors and outdoors

Where to use

  • Indoors and outdoors

  • Lawn

  • Flower gardens

  • Edible gardens

  • Trees and shrubs

  • Patios, porches and decks

  • Buildings and foundations

Effective against

How to use Wilson ANT OUT Ant Killer with Battery Sprayer

Installation and activation of battery sprayer

Step 1
Shake well before using.

Step 2
Remove sprayer from holder. Gently unwind tubing.

Step 3
Remove plug from top of cap.

Step 4
Securely snap the plug that is on the end of the tubing into the hole on the cap.

Step 5
Batteries are included. Remove plastic tab to activate batteries.


Spray application

Step 1
Apply as a crack and crevice or spot treatment only to control ants. Aim toward target pests and away from people and pets.

Step 2
Press the trigger to spray.

Step 3
Release the trigger to stop spray. Treatment must only be repeated after 7 days if pest problem persists or reoccurs.

Treatment must only be repeated after 7 days if pest problem persists or reoccurs.


After use

Step 1
Twist nozzle completely to CLOSE position.

Step 2
Secure sprayer upright in holder.

Failure to adjust nozzle completely to CLOSE position and properly secure sprayer in holder may result in leakage and damage to property or injury to people and animals.


To replace batteries

Step 1
Slide battery compartment door to unlatch and open.

Step 2
Remove used batteries and insert new AA batteries in correct positions as marked per diagram.

Step 3
Securely close battery compartment door.



Indoor use
Thoroughly treat areas where ants are found such as cracks and crevices in walls, along and behind baseboards, water pipes and tanks, and behind and below appliances.

Outdoor use
Treat areas where ants are found such as exterior surfaces of buildings, patios and porches, near foundations, and places where ants enter (screens, doors, window frames).


  • Do not allow people or pets to enter treated areas until sprays have dried.
  • Ventilate treated areas after application by opening windows and doors or by using fans.
  • Before each use, inspect sprayer carefully. Make sure the hose is flexible and not kinked, worn or cracked, and that all connections are tight.

Remove batteries and dispose of according to proper procedures. Do not reuse empty container. Wrap empty container and discard with household garbage.

Keep out of reach of children. Keep from freezing. Store in a cool, dry location. Remove batteries when storing sprayer for long periods.

For additional product information or in case of emergency, spills or fire, call toll-free 1-800-268-2608.


General precautions

  • Keep out of reach of children.
  • Wash hands thoroughly after handling and before smoking or eating.
  • Environmental: toxic to aquatic organisms, birds, bees and beneficial insects.


Hazards to humans

Can cause irritation to eyes. Can be harmful if ingested.


If on skin or clothing

Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.


If in eyes

Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses if present after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.


If swallowed

Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to by a poison control centre or doctor. Take container, label or product name and P.C.P. Registration Number with you when seeking medical attention.


In every case, call a poison control centre or doctor for treatment advice.


Download safety data sheet link.

Permethrin 0.25%

Frequently asked questions

ANT OUT Ant Killer contains permethrin which is an insecticide in the pyrethroid family. Pyrethroids are synthetic chemicals that act like natural extracts from the chrysanthemum flower. Permethrin can affect insects if they ingest it or touch it. Permethrin kills ants by attacking their neurological systems.

When used as directed, ANT OUT is safe for people and pets. An insect cannot break down the permethrin molecule quickly and therefore is toxic/deadly to insects. People and dogs can break down the molecule quickly. Cats are more sensitive to permethrin than dogs or people due to the fact that it takes their bodies a long time to break it down. Make sure any area is dry before allowing people or pets back into the area.

ANT OUT Ant Killer effects will last up to 2 weeks. The permethrin molecule is broken down by UV rays in sunlight, so the brighter the area sprayed the sooner it will lose its effectiveness.

It does work relatively fast as it will kill ants within 15 minutes to 1 hour.

It is extremely effective in controlling ants. Once an area is sprayed, you will not see any ants for up to 2 weeks. If you want to eliminate an entire colony, we recommend also using Wilson ANT OUT Ant Bait.

ANT OUT Ant Killer contains a water-based formula and will not leave any residue on flooring, carpets, baseboards, patios, sidewalks etc.

Haven't found the answer to your question?
We are here to help you!

Contact us

Similar insecticides
To help you kill ants

Related articles